Friday, January 6, 2012

Good News / Bad News

So, bad news keeps coming, I guess this is nature of things, the way life is. Bad news is there along with good. Good news is always welcomed, never an intruder, so welcomed that we don't even notice it or keep count of how many we have received it. Good things seem fleeting because we never stop and think of how they affected us. Bad news lingers. It stays like a bad stain, because it is in so many ways. It stains us, our lives, our psyche, our existence and the damn thing lingers on and on, for a lifetime sometimes. Good news can evoke memories, but they don't sting like memories evoked by bad news. Very similar to the bad apple that ruins the whole basket, bad news seems to veil everything in our lives and minds in a black shroud that is not even sheer.

Today I got bad news. Someone I dearly love, maybe I have not really told him that in his face, but I do and he knows it.

It is something about jumping forty I guess. This age bracket seems to come along with bad news broadcasting. At least that is my theory, we are getting old, the older generation will be getting sick and eventually passing on. So it is to be expected many say. Expected is fine but accepted is not. I cannot accept it.

Time is so so short on this plain, too short. I once read that when our souls decide to come to this plain they make a decision as to whom they want to be and what kind of experience they want to have and the whole trip is a matter of minutes when measured in the time the soul knows, the other side's time so to speak. I can tell you now that it seems like minutes in this side's time too. It is never enough time when it comes to people you love and people you want to see.

No comments: